- April 20 2021
Is WordPress good for small businesses?
WordPress is one of the most commonly used website builder platforms used by corporations, independent businesses, and bloggers around the world. It is a free and open-source content management system that has proven to be popular because of its relatively simple user interface and accessibility.
WordPress websites are free and can be started from anywhere in the world – all you need is access to the Internet and basic know-how of building websites. WordPress initially started as a blogging tool but evolved into a powerful website builder and efficient content management system (CMS) over the years.
WordPress started as a modest blogging platform in 2003. It is an open-source software which means it is free to be used by anyone. WordPress’s flexibility and easy-to-use features make it very popular among users. Furthermore, the platform also allows the user to build interactive websites.
What are the benefits of using WordPress for a small business?
Surviving today’s competitive business climate can be challenging for small businesses. In addition to the usual challenges of managing a business, it can be even more daunting for small business owners to take on the additional responsibilities and costs of managing a website. This is where WordPress comes in handy. WordPress allows complete freedom over the look and interface of a website, without having to hire an additional developer. There are more benefits of using WordPress in a small business and they are as follows:
- WordPress is free: WordPress can be downloaded for free and installed, used, and modified completely free. It saves time and money and gives the small business owner complete freedom over how the WordPress website is used.
- Ease of customization: For non-tech-savvy business owners, the ease of customization is a big advantage. WordPress customization is easy and the platform provides its own panel which allows the user to change the color, logo, font, and background and even allows sliders to be created without any need for coding. WordPress plugins can also be used to add advanced features like analytics, contact forms, and so on.
- SEO friendly: Since WordPress websites and blogs are created using standard compliance high-quality code, it is very SEO friendly. This makes WordPress sites rank higher on search engines. WordPress SEO plugins can be used to further improve rankings.
- Can handle different media types: WordPress is not limited to text only; the platform has a built-in media uploader that can handle images, audio, and video files and can support oEmbed-enabled websites. This means you can embed Youtube videos, Instagram photos, and Tweets just by pasting the URL.
- WordPress is safe and secure: WordPress was developed with security in mind, and hence, you can rest assured knowing that your online presence is supported by a safe and secure platform. However, as a rule of thumb, caution should be practiced whenever maintaining an online presence on any platform.
For any small business or start-up, establishing an online presence can be challenging and costly. WordPress presents an innovative and easy solution through which some of the challenges can be navigated. Contact us to develop a WordPress website for your business.